- Damian C Adams, Ph.D. Damian Adams focuses on the economics and policy of natural resources. Since 2013, Adams’ research has aimed to understand the critical role that forests play in the broader socioecological system ... Read more
- Fredy Altpeter, Dr. Sc. Agr. Fredy Altpeter is an expert in biotechnology and genome editing for crop improvement. Currently, Altpeter’s research program develops advanced precision crop breeding technologies, such as genome editing and metabolic engineering, ... Read more
- Pavlo “Pasha” Antonenko, Ph.D. Pavlo “Pasha” Antonenko’s focus lies in educational technology. His interests include the design-based research and evaluation of technology-enhanced environments for formal and informal STEM learning, collaborative problem solving and the ... Read more
- Jennifer L Bizon, Ph.D. Jennifer Bizon is an expert in the field of cognitive aging research.
Currently, her NIH-funded research program is broadly focused on determining the molecular and neural circuit mechanisms that contribute to ... Read more
- Helene Blondeau, Ph.D. Helene Blondeau, a French and Francophone Studies associate professor in the Department of Languages, Literatures and Culture, studies the crossroads of language, culture and society.
Blondeau, a sociolinguist trained in anthropology, ... Read more
- Anthony B Brennan, Ph.D. Anthony Brennan’s research focuses on bioadhesion — the bond of both natural and synthetic materials to biological surfaces.
“Adhesion is a critical component of all systems that combine materials at their ... Read more
- Seunghee Cha, D.D.S., Ph.D. Although Seunghee Cha has explored a spectrum of autoimmune Sjögren’s syndrome pathogenesis, her current interests are a little more specific. She is focusing on the very early stage and the ... Read more
- Paul Cooke, Ph.D. Paul Cooke investigates the roles of estrogen-related hormones and estrogen receptors in the male and female reproductive processes. This has increased understanding of estrogen receptor one (ESR1), the most important ... Read more
- George L Drusano, M.D. George Drusano’s interests focus on developing approaches designed to combat antibiotic resistance. Antibiotic resistance can make illnesses that were formerly treatable much more challenging to do so and position them ... Read more
- Mitchell S Estrin, M.M. Mitchell Estrin is a leading specialist in clarinet performance and research. He has an extensive performance history as a clarinetist with the New York Philharmonic. Estrin was recently elected President ... Read more
- Gail E Fanucci, Ph.D. Gail Fanucci is a biophysical chemist whose research focuses on using electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy (EPR) to characterize macromolecular motions related to function and disease.
“Currently, my lab’s work centers on ... Read more
- Phyllis L Hendry, M.D. Although Phyllis Hendry is a pediatric emergency physician, her research includes both children and adults. Within these populations, her work has three areas: safety and education in pain management, post-traumatic ... Read more
- Chris Janiszewski, Ph.D. Chris Janiszewski’s research interests center on why different things mean more to some people than others — better known as the concept of subjective value.
“I seek to understand how subjective ... Read more
- James W Jawitz, Ph.D. James Jawitz is an expert in soil and water science. Specifically, Jawitz conducts interdisciplinary research focused on hydrology and water quality issues related to both natural and managed ecosystems.
“The overarching ... Read more
- Konstantinos “Kostas” Kapparis, Ph.D. Konstantinos (Kostas) Kapparis’ recognition stems not only from his expertise in Classical texts, but in gender studies, ancient law, ancient rhetoric and ancient medicine.
The centerpiece of Kapparis’ research is his ... Read more
- Yong Jae Ko, Ph.D. Yong Jae Ko is an internationally recognized scholar in the field of sport marketing and consumer behavior. His research centers on sports consumers’ decision-making processes, focusing on their sociological and ... Read more
- Eric G Krause, Ph.D. Eric G. Krause investigates specific connections within the brain that promote susceptibility or resilience to stress-related diseases.
“I’ve always been fascinated by the brain,” Krause said. “During my undergraduate education, I ... Read more
- Alfred S Lewin, Ph.D. Alfred Lewin’s research group is focused on understanding the pathogenic mechanism of blinding diseases and developing treatments for these currently incurable conditions.
Some of these diseases include retinitis pigmentosa, one of ... Read more
- Konstantin Matchev, Ph.D. Konstantin Matchev is a theoretical particle physicist. Specifically, he works at the challenging interface between particle theory and experiment.
His main goal is discovering new physics beyond the Standard Model. This ... Read more
- Bob McCleery, Ph.D. Robert McCleery hopes to preserve Earth’s ecological integrity.
His research program focuses on improving people’s understanding of how the way land is used can alter its native animal communities, ultimately impacting ... Read more
- Barbara Mennel, Ph.D. Barbara Mennel’s research focuses on film studies in interdisciplinary contexts.
During the last five years, she has primarily worked on a research project regarding gender and labor in European films of ... Read more
- Kati w Migliaccio, Ph.D. Kati Migliaccio’s interests center on water conservation and the use of models to explore water management options.
“My work focuses on water conservation, including quality and quantity,” Migliaccio said. “We identify ... Read more
- R. Edward Minchin, Ph.D. Although Edward Minchin’s work has spanned a variety of areas, his current research focuses on identifying ways to more efficiently deliver highway construction projects to the general public.
Specifically, his interests ... Read more
- Sanjay Ranka, Ph.D. Sanjay Ranka is well versed in the theory and practice of parallel computing and machine learning for large-scale applications.
“Big data applications require both modeling and high performance,” Ranka said. “My ... Read more
- Michael Robinson, Ph.D. Michael Robinson is a national leader in the field of pain psychology.
Specifically, he focuses on the cognitive factors affecting the individual’s experience of pain, pain processing and pain treatment. Notably, ... Read more
- Barry Setlow, Ph.D. Barry Setlow’s research program seeks to understand the neural mechanisms of cognition, including learning, memory and decision-making, both under normal circumstances and when they go awry in conditions such as ... Read more
- Sanjay Shukla, Ph.D. Sanjay Shukla seeks to bring change to the world by improving water sustainability at the field, farm and basin level.
Although there are decades of preexisting research regarding water management, it ... Read more
- Dietmar W Siemann, Ph.D. Dietmar Siemann’s research is focused on the pursuit of novel experimental approaches and treatment strategies that will ultimately lead to improved cancer patient care.
Siemann became interested in studying the tumor ... Read more
- Timothy Sorel, M.B.A. Timothy Sorel produces documentary and television programs concerning human rights and pediatric health issues. His work has covered a variety of topics, ranging from conflict in international relations between the ... Read more
- David W Steadman, Ph.D. David Steadman’s work has focused on the biogeography, paleontology and community ecology of birds on Caribbean and West Indian islands.
His field research has two main components: to explore and excavate ... Read more
- John Richard Stepp, Ph.D. John Richard Stepp’s primary research interests lie within the field of ethnobiology and conservation. Though his research is interdisciplinary, it is firmly grounded in the field of anthropology through its ... Read more
- Timothy G Townsend, Ph.D. Timothy Townsend began his research career in the self-described position of waste management engineer. Now, his efforts focus on determining how to operate landfills using more protective and sustainable technologies ... Read more
- Wentong Zheng, J.D., Ph.D. Wentong Zheng’s research focuses on the legal and economic issues confronting businesses and regulatory agencies in a globalized world. He has published extensively in areas such as international trade and ... Read more